WIT Summit – NITK Surathkal
One day summit on Technology trends and Advancements in healthcare on November 17, Saturday 2018 at Canara Engineering College. To view Click-> Summit flyer <- Click
Women In Technology Summit
The Women In Technology Summit is an initiative to inspire young women across the world to pursue their academic interests and develop a career in science and technology. The WiT Summit aims to advocate women in leadership roles and promote governance and career advancement for women in a STEM profession. The Women In Technology Summit aims to motivate girls to make changes in their community by lending enthusiasm and inspiration from successful women leaders. WIT Summit is also a journey of self-discovery and empowerment. A place for participants to discover their hidden talents and spark their technical innovations.
The Women in Technology summit will be held in National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal from 21st December to 23rd December 2018.
For details visit: http://wits.ieee-mangalore.org
2018 IEEE DISCOVER2018 IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing, VLSI, Electrical Circuits and Robotics was held on 13th and 14th August 2018 at Mangalore Institute of Technology and Engineering, Moodabidri. The conference was jointly organized by IEEE Mangalore sub-section and Mangalore Institute of Technology and Engineering, Moodabidri. The primary aim of the two days event is to create an opportunity for the researchers of various Colleges / Universities / Research Organizations / Industries/organizations to exhibit and present their innovation, creativity, and research also to help researcher of the rural areas. The conference presentation was planned in 5 different tracks. Track 1: Distributed computing Track 2: Communication Track 3: VLSI Track 4: Electrical and Electronic circuits Track 5: Robotics Total 130 papers were received from all over the globe. However, after three rounds of peer review, to maintain the quality of the papers 50 papers were selected for the conference presentation. Day 1: 13th Aug 2018 The inaugural ceremony of the conference was held on 13th August 2018 at 10 am in the auditorium -3 of MITE campus. Dr. Tulika Mitra from National University Singapore (NSU) was the chief guest of the function. Mr.Rajesh Chowta, Chairman, Mangalore Institute of Technology and Engineering, Moodabidri presided over the function. Dr.G.L.Easwara Prasad, Principal, Mangalore Institute of Technology and Engineering, Moodabidri, welcomed the gathering. Dr.Niranjan N Chiplunkar, Principal NMAMIT and also the conference General Chair briefed about the conference. About 350 delegates and participants have witnessed the inaugural function. Dr.Venkatraman Bhat rendered the vote of thanks. Inauguration of the Conference and release of Souvenir The inaugural function was followed by keynote address by Dr.Tulika Mita about the Topic Internet of Things (IOT) and wireless networks. Immediately after the tea break at 12 noon, Dr.Alok Rastogi from Bhinghamton University, USA has addressed the audience on the topic Non Virtual memory and photovoltaic cells. Keynote by Dr.Alok Rastogi In the afternoon session, the presentation was arranged in three different parallel sessions. Total 18 researchers presented their research findings and interacted with the session chairs and delegates. Evening, sightseeing was arranged for all the delegates and guests by the host institute MITE. The nearby prominent places like 1000 pillar basadi, Jain temple, St.Lawrence church, Athoor, and other places were covered during the visit. At night, banquet dinner was arranged by the host Institute Mangalore Institute of Technology and Engineering, Moodabidri, for all the delegates, guests, coordinators, and other members. Day 2:14th Aug 2018 Day 2 session was commenced at 9:30 am with the keynote address by Dr.Takeshi Kumaki from Ritsumeikan University on the topic System On Chips (SOC’s). After a short tea interval, the second keynote of the day was by Dr.Vishwakumara Kayaragadde, from Saankyha Labs about the topic Dynamic Radio Access Networks and Cognitive Radios. In the afternoon session, the presentation was arranged in three different parallel sessions. Total 18 researchers presented their research findings and interacted with the session chairs and delegates. The valedictory function of the conference was held on 14th Aug 2018 at 4 PM in MITE auditorium. Dr.Nagesh Prabhu, Organizing Chair 2018 DISCOVER welcomed and gave a brief report about the two days proceedings of the conference. Dr. Annappa, Chairman, IEEE Mangalore sub-section distributed the “BEST paper award” certificates to the participants from five tracks. Dr. G.L Easwara Prasad presided the function. Prof. Manjunath rendered the vote of thanks. The 2018 DISCOVER concluded with high tea.
IEEE CS DVP Keynote address at DISCOVER-’18:Title: Accelerators for the Internet of Things Tulika Mitra Abstract: Internet of Things (IoT), an ever-growing network of billions of devices embedded within physical objects, is revolutionizing our daily life. At present, the IoT devices in the edge are primarily responsible only for collecting and communicating the data to the cloud, whereas the computationally intensive data analytics takes place in the back-end cloud server. However, the data privacy and the connectivity issues—in conjunction with the fast real-time response requirement of certain IoT applications—call for smart edge devices. These devices should be able to support privacy-preserving, time-sensitive computation for machine intelligence on-site and rely on the cloud only for offline data processing away from the critical path. The prevalent general-purpose processors in the edge devices are not equipped with sufficient compute power or energy-efficiency to provide the necessary computational intelligence. In this talk, I will present the design of ultra-low power programmable accelerators that overcome these challenges and speed up computation to realize the edge analytics vision. Bio: Tulika Mitra is a Professor of Computer Science at School of Computing, National University of Singapore (NUS). Her research interests span various aspects of the design automation of embedded real-time systems with particular emphasis on energy-efficient computing, heterogeneous computing, application-specific processors, and software timing analysis/optimizations. Her research has been recognized by best paper award at FPT 2012 and best paper nominations at DAC (2016, 2012, 2009), DATE 2017, VLSI 2013, CODES+ISSS 2008, FPL 2007, ECRTS 2007, and CASES (2016, 2007). Prof. Mitra is the recipient of the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Outstanding Woman Researcher Award 2017 and she is a Distinguished Visitor of the IEEE Computer Society. She currently serves as the Deputy Editor-in-Chief of IEEE Embedded Systems Letters, Senior Associate Editor of ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems, Associate Editor of IEEE Design & Test Magazine and EURASIP Journal on Embedded Systems. She has served as Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems in the past and member of the organizing, program committees of several major conferences in embedded systems, real-time systems, and electronic design automation. ———–
IEEE CS DVP ExpertTalk at NITK Title: Mobile Heterogeneous Computing Abstract: Mobile heterogeneous computing, materialized in the form of multiprocessor system-on-chips (MPSoC) comprising of various processing elements such as general-purpose cores with differing characteristics, GPUs, DSPs, non-programmable accelerators, and reconfigurable computing, are expected to dominate the current and the future mobile and IoT edge device landscape. The heterogeneity enables a computational kernel with specific requirements to be paired with the processing element(s) ideally suited to perform that computation, leading to substantially improved performance and energy-efficiency. While heterogeneous computing is an attractive proposition in theory, considerable software and hardware support at all levels is essential to fully realize its promises. The hardware needs to be customized for the application at runtime. The system software needs to orchestrate the different on-chip compute resources in a synergistic manner with minimal engagement from the application developers. The current state-of-the-art is inadequate in both dimensions despite tremendous progress and success in designing heterogeneous MPSoCs for mobile devices. This talk will put the spotlight on mobile heterogeneous computing, especially in the context of popular emerging applications. The talk will introduce the technology trends driving the mobile heterogeneous computing revolution, provide an overview of computationally and performance divergent compute elements, and present efforts at architecture, compiler, and runtime management layers to unleash its potential towards high-performance energy-efficient computing. Alok Rastogi Associate Professor; Associate Director of CASP Electrical and Computer Engineering Alok Rastogi received his BS and MS from Lucknow University in Lucknow, India and his PhD in Materials Science and Engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology. He is currently the Associate Director for the Center for Autonomous Solar Power (CASP). Research Interests
- Photovoltaic energy conversion materials and devices
- Thin film earth abundant semiconductors solar cells
- Organic solar cells and hybrid solar cells
- Electrochemical supercapacitor materials and devices for energy storage
- Low power spintron
Schedule of ‘Tech Day 2018’ to be held at SJEC, MangaloreGreetings from IEEE Bangalore section, We are very happy to present to you IEEE Tech Day 2018, a conclave of industry veterans in the Technology fields of Innovation, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Internet of Things, 5G Technology Standards, Digital Contracts and Blockchain and Cyber Security at St Joseph Engineering College, Vamanjoor, Mangaluru, on Sunday, May 13, 2018, co-located with IEEE Mangalore Sub Section Flagship event – I2CONECCT 2018 – A UG and PG Project Exhibition Cum Competition. This one day event aims to celebrate the emergence of new technologies, provide a platform for learners and practitioners to discuss emerging trends, issues, scope and applications with demos etc. The never before mega event has been planned as a special gift to all Mangalore Technology enthusiasts , isolated by geography , to promote awareness of the commitment and involvement of IEEE in technology. Say yes to a wonderful opportunity and register. Limited seats – registration strictly on a first come first serve basis. Speakers Innovation Track: Dr. Sudheendra Koushik – Chair IEEE Bangalore Section, Founder at Prasu Talk Abstract: The future of employability as professionals in Industry or as Entrepreneurs depends on the ability to be Innovators. A look at what this means for careers as Industry professionals and Entrepreneurs, the skills and behaviours necessary to be successful in our endeavours. https://www.linkedin.com/in/
- You have to enter the IEEE Student Membership Number while registering, if you have paid a registration fees of Rs 199/-.
- On 13 May 2018, you should produce the IEEE Student Membership Card (or proof) valid for the current year
- Payment gateway charges will be applicable and must be borne by the participant, the registration fees need to be paid only using the online mode any other mode of payment like DD, Cheque, or on spot cash payment will not be entertained.
- The event will begin at 09:00 AM sharp at the said venue.
- Please save the payment transaction ID.
|Ashwini VR SAC, IEEE MSS +91 9480165312||Keith Fernandes Branch Counselor, IEEE SB SJEC +91 8050737621||David Saldanha Chair, IEEE SB SJEC +91 9742442708|
*IEEE Mangalore Subsection presents I2CONECCT@ St Joseph Engineering College Student Branch* a project exhibition cum competition for BE and MTech students.Venue : *St Joseph Engineering College, Mangalore*Date : *13 May 2018*
- Hands-on Introduction to Design & Verification through Verilog – by IEEE CAS Bangalore Chapter & Mangalore SubSection at CEC MangaloreIEEE CAS Bangalore Chapter has come forward to help us organise a one day workshop at Canara Engineering College Mangalore on the aforementioned topic. Please read on to find the details. We sincerely hope you and your friends can make time for this event and benefit from the interaction with Prof. Ravikumar a stalwart in his field via this “No Fee workshop”.Details on the workshop:Hands-on Introduction to Design & Verification through Verilog and System VerilogResource person Dr. C.P. Ravikumar (Texas Instruments India)Date: 22 April 2018 | Time: 9.00 AM to 5.00 PM | Venue: Seminar Hall / DSP Lab CEC
- 2018 IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing, VLSI, Electrical Circuits and Robotics (DISCOVER-2018), August 13-14, 2018, MITE, Moodbidri (Mangalore), India In association with IEEE Bengaluru Section—————————————————————————————–Submission deadline: April 18, 2018—————————————————————————————– Call For Papers and ParticipationDear Friends,Greetings from IEEE Mangalore Sub-Section (R0011901). The Sub-Section, in association with IEEE Bengaluru Section is hosting an International Conference on Distributed Computing, VLSI, Electrical circuits and Robotics (DISCOVER) with an aim to provide an international platform to the students, professionals, practitioners and eminent researchers from both industry and academia, working in the area of Distributed Computing, VLSI, Verification, Communication Engineering, Electrical Circuits and Robotics. A series of keynote talks, followed by oral and poster presentations have been planned to foster strong networking among the delegates. Accepted and presented papers will be published in conference proceedings.The conference details are available at http://www.ieee-discover.org/. DISCOVER 2018 will be held in the vibrant premises of Mangalore Institute of Technology & Engineering (MITE), Moodbidri, Mangalore, India. The call for papers is attached with this email. The paper submission is managed through easychair (http://www.easychair.org/). The last date for paper submission is 18th February 2018, and the conference dates are August 13-14, 2018.Please share this information with the concerned departments in your institution and with your friends. If you need further information, please email your queries to email@example.com————————————————————————————————————————————–Thanks and regards,Publicity Chair, DISCOVER 2018
- Dear Member,Warm Greetings. This is to invite you for the Annual General Body Meeting (AGM) of the Sub-Section at which the new Executive Committee (ExeCom) for the year 2018 will be formed and to inform you of the proposed slate for ExeCom 2018.The AGM is scheduled to be held on Saturday, 3rd February 2018 at NMAMIT Nitte in the Sambhram Seminar Hall at 3:00 PM.Agenda1. Welcome by the Chair person Dr Niranjan N Chiplunkar2. Minutes of previous AGM – Vice Chair Dr Annappa B3. Activity report – Secretary Miss Ashwini V R4. Financial Report – Treasurer Dr. Pushparaj Shetty5. Felicitation of the Past Chair (Prof. Dayanand Surathkal)6. Address by the Chair Person Dr Niranjan N Chiplunkar7. Presentation of the Slate – by Nomination Committee representative8. Approval of the slate / Elections as per norms if there are any contests9. Address by the new Chair person.10. Vote of Thanks by Vice Chair Dr M M Manohar Pai
- Talk By Prof Rajeev Srivastava (IIT-BHU)
- IEEE Day celebrations: Late Dr. K. M. Hebbar Memorial Lecture. (Invite)
One day workshop on “Instilling Research culture among Undergraduates”Research and Consultancy wing of MIT, Manipal in association with IEEE Mangalore Sub-Section is organizing a one day workshop on “Instilling Research and Paper Publication Culture to Undergraduates (Technical)“. This workshop is open only to UG students of Computer Science stream and Electrical stream. The workshop aims to encourage budding researchers towards research and innovation. The event includes expert lectures on how to carry out the research systematically, how to write the research papers and to disseminate them in a right publication.Kindly go through the attached brochure for more details.Schedule: 10 AM to 5 PM, 24th September, 2017Venue: New Lecture Hall and Innovation center, M.I.T., Manipal, Udupi DistrictLast date for registration: 18th September, 2017
Results for “Instilling Research culture among Undergraduates” workshop: First Place: Boga Vishal (MIT) and Mahima V. Rebello (NITK) Second Place: Reshma Kalkura and Sindhoora (NMAMIT, NITTE) Third Place: Gautham Radhakrishna and Joswin VC (NMAMIT, NITTE)
- DISCOVER 2016 Update: Conference Proceedings are now available on IEEE Xplore. Click here!The IEEE Mangalore Sub-Section (R0011901), in association with IEEE Robotics and Automation Society (RAS) and IEEE Bangalore Section, is hosting an international conference on Distributed Computing, VLSI, Electrical Circuits and Robotics (DISCOVER 2016) and the same has been approved by IEEE.The conference will be held in the vibrant premises of National Institute of Technology Karnataka (NITK), Surathkal, in the coastal region of Mangalore. Being the first international event under IEEE Mangalore Sub-Section, DISCOVER 2016 intends to attract people working in diverse fields: Distributed Computing, Software Engineering, VLSI, Verification, Communication Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Circuits, and Robotics. The conference is designed to create a platform for researchers from academia and industry, practicing engineers, and students. A series of keynote presentations, technical paper and poster presentations are planned to foster vigorous exchange of research findings and ideas among the participants. Accepted and presented papers of DISCOVER 2016 will be published in IEEE Xplore® Digital Library through the IEEE Conference Publications Program (CPP).
- I2CONNECT 2017
- There will be separate categories for circuit and non- circuit branches. In each category 3 cash prizes will be given along with certificates. The 1 st prize will be Rs.5000, second prize will be Rs.3000 and third prize will be Rs.2000 .
- Each college can send best projects under both category for the competition.
- Every participating student will be issued a certificate by IEEE Mangalore sub section.
- The inauguration of the event will be held between 9.30am and 10.15am on 13 th May and soon after that the projects will be evaluated by eminent judges. The prize winners will be awarded the cash prize at 3.30pm on the same day.
- The participating students must bring all the necessary equipment/software to demonstrate the project with appropriate charts if any. The college can only provide the space, computer (if needed) and power connection for demonstrating the project.
- It is suggested that the student bring draft report along with power point presentation and the project model.